About the Venturers Norfolk Broads Cruise
The Venturers Cruise is an annual sailing holiday for young people. It was started over sixty years ago and is run by a Christian trust whose members are committed to the task of demonstrating the relevance of their faith to young people, within the beautiful but physically challenging environment of the Norfolk Broads.
• We explore about sixty miles of the northern rivers and broads of Norfolk in a fleet of yachts, from the wild exposure of Horsey Mere and Barton Broad to the quiet and picturesque villages of Horning and Irstead.
• Each yacht is in the charge of an experienced and competent skipper who is assisted by a first mate.
• Each yacht has four or five crew members who sleep and eat aboard and learn the skills of handling yachts and lugsail dinghies under the careful supervision of their skippers.
• Each evening the flotilla of up to eleven thirty-foot yachts, three motor cruisers and thirteen dinghies moors for dinner (cooked on board) and then everyone goes off to enjoy the nightly live entertainment (provided by you!) in a local village hall. The evening includes instruction on sailing basics and water safety. A live band and a relevant talk about Christianity are also included.
• Many young people coming on the Venturers Cruise have felt their lives greatly influenced by the experience. All have become more self-reliant and many have found a faith upon which to build their adult lives.